Being a military spouse can be a difficult and often thankless job. While their spouses are out on the frontlines serving our country and being heroes, they are at home serving their family and our country in a whole other way! They are raising kids, paying bills, maintaining the home, working, and dealing with life in general -all while their other half is on the other side of the world, often in dangerous situations, for months at a time. It’s hard. It’s lonely. It’s exhausting.
And that’s why I want to recognize them and all that they do! I want to let them know that our nation sees the sacrifices that they make and that we are thankful for what their family does. I want to offer them hope and encouragement during some of the toughest days!
One of the simplest yet effective ways to do this is to send them a card or a care package to let them know that they are being thought of, being prayed for, and that their service is appreciated.
And that’s where you come in! I need volunteers who are willing to write cards and send these care packages. Here’s how this will work:
- A military spouse (or maybe her friend or family member) will come to the Servant Mama website and submit a form telling us a little bit about herself.
- I will then pass that info on to one of my awesome volunteers.
- That volunteer will begin to pray for that spouse. They will then put together either a card (with a gift card) or care package personalized just for that particular spouse and mail it to her.
- The spouse will receive the gift and feel so special and encouraged!
If you are interested in being a committed member of this fabulous team, here’s what you need to know:
- I am asking for each volunteer to commit to sending at least four (4) cards (with gift cards) or care packages per year and to pray for those individuals.
- All expenses related to purchasing items and shipping is the responsibility of the volunteer. You will not be reimbursed.
- Gifts should be valued at a minimum of $10, but can be more (whatever the volunteer is comfortable with).
What I love about this ministry (and what sets it apart from others) is that it’s personal. We are not mass producing these care packages. Each one is packed with a specific person in mind. It’s also a great ministry that you can do on your own time and schedule. And your kids can be involved too!
I have been praying that God would put the desire to serve and be a part of this ministry on the hearts of others. If you are one of those people, if you are willing to commit to serving the families of those who are serving our country, then please fill out the form below. I am so excited to see God work!
JOIN OUR TEAM!!!!